SOCIAL: 70% of all accidents fault of cyclists?

Dave Snyder dave at calbike.org
Tue May 8 11:37:13 PDT 2012

Sadly if those are CHP stats then they are referring to car-bike collisions. They are wildly inaccurate for a number of reasons, including incredible bias on the part of police officers. For example, running into a suddenly opening car door is often the bicycle rider's fault for "excessive speed for conditions" according to CHP data.

Dave Snyder
Executive Director
California Bicycle Coalition
916-251-9433
Creating safe, healthy, and livable communities through bicycling
Sign up for free.