SOCIAL: Bike to Caltrain buddy?

Kristina Pappas kristina.pappas at gmail.com
Sun May 6 19:52:17 PDT 2012

Hi Social,

I'm planning to ride my bike to work for the first time this week on
bike-to-work-day. I'm not a very confident cyclist so I wanted to ask
the more experienced folks on this list for help and advice.

- I work in Palo Alto, so will be riding from the Mission
(21st/Valencia) to 4th and King station. I can't find info about a
group ride that day, so I'm wondering if there is one, and/or if
someone rides that route and is willing to be my buddy for the
morning. :)
- I've read the bicycle info on the Caltrain site but would appreciate
any advice re bike/Caltrain etiquette - for example where do you get
bike destination tags and are there any (spoken or unspoken)
guidelines around them?
- Any other tips for newbies?

Thanks!
Kristina