SOCIAL: Steve Jobs: The Lost Interview / Castro Theater 7:30

Amandeep Jawa deep at deeptrouble.com
Mon May 14 00:07:13 PDT 2012

Hey Kids -

I'm really excited about this "lost interview" with Steve Jobs. I was super bummed I missed this in the theater right after he died & so will be going Tuesday night!  Wanna come?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y1AJungBLTM

The snippets of this interview in "Triumph of the Nerds" were fantastic (this is where I first heard SJ's fascinating critique two word of Microsoft & much other great stuff.)  Also, I was pretty dissappointed in the Isaacson biography, and one of the biggest and most important holes was any insight into what I think is the most fascinating part of SJ's arc: the transformation from visionary-jerk-manager at Apple/NEXT to visionary-mitigated-jerk-super-leader at Pixar/Apple.  This video was shot during that transition…..

'deep

http://www.magpictures.com/stevejobsthelostinterview/

TUESDAY MAY 15
STEVE JOBS: THE LOST INTERVIEW 7:30
Originally shot for Bob Cringely’s TV series Triumph of the Nerds, this hour-long 1995 interview finds Steve Jobs 10 years after being pushed out of Apple, the company he co-founded. The footage shows Jobs at his charismatic best: witty, outspoken, visionary, and already anticipating the digital future that he would do so much to make possible following his return to Apple in 1997. Only a portion of the interview ever aired. Now, cleaned up with modern technology and put into context by Cringely, this unique and candid talk reveals the burning passion of the man who would go on to give us the iMac, iPod, iPhone, and iPad. (2011, 70 min, Digital)

Amandeep Jawa
deep AT deeptrouble DOT com
937 Valencia St.
San Francisco, CA 94110-2320